Friday, December 31, 2010

No.86 - Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

it is almost time to bid farewell to 2010 and to welcome 2011.

overall, 2010 has been a great year. many ups and downs, well, that is what life is all about, right? my brain does not have enough capacity to remember every single thing that happened this year, therefore i will not be able to jot everything here. whatever that are going to be jotted here will be the ones that are significant to me.

i think the most significant thing happened this year is regarding my studies. this is some sort a chain reaction.

let me start it off by the efforts i put in for my studies. what happened for my stpm will always and forever be a bitter lesson for me. i would say it was a blessing in disguise? from there, i learnt that i have to strive to achieve what i want. so constant study is the perfect method and i managed to obtain quite excellent result for my 1st professional examination. in between that journey of studying, a motivation/inspiration came in - the search to obtain a scholarship.

to get myself into a medical school, i promised to my mother that she does not have to worry about the financial part as i will work hard to obtain a scholarship. somewhere around march, the registration for Biasiswa Tunku Abdul Rahman was opened for 1st year university students. so i tried my luck, quite last minute too due to having to get recommendation from VC. this mattered a lot to me. the interview was held in the university itself, 18 of us were short-listed. i felt the interview went quite well, only after that that i found out the interviewer was the CEO of the Foundation. a week or two later, 15 got e-mail that they did not make it for the camp. i waited for almost 2weeks more for my e-mail, i was selected for an evaluation camp. the best part was the camp was a week away from my finals. out of the 3 selected from my uni, only 2 of us went and we had loads of fun there, no regrets attending although it halted the smooth process of revision. completed my finals and was on holiday. i made it through to the final round of interview, chances to get the scholarship is very high provided i do well in my finals. and thank God, i did well in both the interview and my finals and i earned the greatest gift for 2010 - I am proud to be a Tunku Scholar.

life has been great ever since then as i need not worry about my fees anymore. moreover with the allowance i am getting, it means better quality of life. but nothing comes by easily. i have to maintain my results, which i am ever working hard for that. getting this scholarship reduces the financial burden of my family, thus better quality of life for everyone at home too. therefore, i am proud to say i have kept one of the biggest promises i ever made in my life. so, now can you see the chain reaction i meant?

me ---> study ---> family

but the greatest thing behind everything is GOD. He sees me through every single obstacles in life. what more can i ask for from Him, nothing but continuous guidance, blessing and love.

other than this, i think nothing so significant to be mentioned here, especially when i am trying to savour every single second of my holiday now. so, i think i should end here. another thing to finish the year memorably is that i will reading later in church. AMEN.

So, Bye Bye 2010, Hello 2011.

1 comment:

  1. praise God for His grace in your life;) u have definitely went tru a long journey to get to wer u r now..am glad that everything wen well for u..God bless..happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete