Friday, July 3, 2009

No.34 - Today I.....

am back, yes, finally after 2weeks of absence. why was I away for so long? as stated in my previous post, no more said, more to be done. yes, thats exactly what I did. ive been physically, mentally and spiritually drained out for the past 2weeks, but certainly things been getting better, I hope so. so here's a recap of what happened.


1st of all, a picture of the gathering (13/6) (refer back to post no.31)



-photo courtesy of Su Lin, Ooi's camera-

went back to both my high schools. to Convent to watch drama competition and visit teachers while to Hua Lian to visit teachers, certify certs and seek advice on further studies.


-at Convent (30/6). yes, now the building is yellow. again photo courtesy of Su Lin, Ooi's camera-


went visit Pn.Chuah, our Modern Maths teacher for Form 4 and Pn.Toh, our Add Maths teacher for Form 4 at their house. transported Pn.Chuah to Pn.Toh's for this picture.

-photo courtesy of Su Lin, Ooi's camera but by Pn.Toh's daughter-

now its the part where Im gonna explain why I was away for so long. the mental torture and spiritual draining out. many expected me to be down, yes, REAL DOWN after receiving the result of admission into public university. a few teachers told me that they wanted to call me up and ask hows everything but they were afraid i was too distraught to speak. yes, i admit, i WAS down, but just for one day. i felt, why sulk so long like i did when after spm and stpm results out. if i continue sulking, il have no time and will miss the boat. so i got back on my feet, cracked my head. spent hours a day infront of the computer, typing appeal letters, searching for scholarships/loans etc. talked to this person, talked to that person. so uncertain of my decision as it doesnt depend on me solely. not a day passed by without thinking and worrying and sighing.
i did all my appeal on sunday (21/6) and sent them the next day. on the evening itself i got call
from AIMST telling me that i was offered a place to do MBBS. but the big problem is i need to pay rm20K by 3rd july! to rob or not to rob the bank? slowly i settled the problem on 30/6 morning. JUST as i settled it, (ok, this part my mum didnt know, im sorry mummy, im selfish, i had to, i wanna reach my dream, want to make it a reality, so people out there who's reading this, please, try your best not to fish my mum here and make her read this) UTeM called me and told me i was offered my 1st choice for my appeal and im supposed to register the next day itself (1/7). WHAT??? I aint no bullet-train or superjet. so after deciding for hours, pondering, I decided to go for my childhood dream-to take on MBBS. So i started my journey of payment.


-this is the offer i got : computer science, artificial intelligence-


-my offer letter from AIMST-



-form to purchase banker's cheque-


-the banker's cheque-

-used ABX Express to send the cheque, was afraid it wouldnt reach on 3/7, relieved upon checking this tracking system-

so i think all of you have gotten the picture of what il be undertaking for the coming 5 years? yes, many says i cant get through this based on my stpm results, many says that its very tough, no quality life il be leading, alot money but no time to spend and so on and so forth. but rest assured, il do my best and il prove the critics wrong. mark my words. slog i will, give up il not.
so a new chapter for me will be beginning soon, that is :
~THE JOURNEY TO MY DREAM~
~believe that dreams come true everyday, because they do~
this is from one tree hill season 6 finale, ive just finished watching it, could see so many dreams came true in this episode

5 comments:

  1. its good that you're chasing your dream.keep it alive.you can do it!!!all the best dear.:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.. who dares to say that based on ur STPM results u can't get thru this?? humm.. haha!! all the best to u gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. firstly, nice template!!!!

    secondly, good luck and all the best to you in your journey! I know there might be critics and worrywarts about the hardship of studying to be a doctor but Im sure you can brave it through and emerge a well respected doctor. I'll be waiting to register at your clinic/hosp, Dr Lim and call you by that name. =)

    ReplyDelete